Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 4th gen update required

Suddenly while playing youtube, a window appeared that says "update required" however after tapping the update button, youtube in app store is only compatible with ios 11 which is not anymore supported in olders ipad gens.

Is there any workaround to this except for buying a new and updated one?

Thanks.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 5:02 PM

Since the YouTube app no longer works or is compatible with your 8-year old iPad, you can use the YouTube Website in a Web browser.

Speaking of Web browsers,

I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Here are a few third party web browsers that I know are STILL being updated and supported on iOS 9 and 10

Available and better known, more popular third party Web browser choices are GONE, now.

There are still a handful of iOS 10 and earlier supported third party Web browsers.

Most of these have had recent updates, too!

Here’s what’s left.

iCab Mobile Web browser

Aloha Web browser

ALook Web browwer

Dolphin Web browser

DuckDuckGo Private Web browser

Snow Bunny Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Private Browsing Web browser by Savvy Soda

Private Browser Deluxe

TOR browser anonymous

Turbo VPN browser

TOR + VPN web browser private

Pick two that have had the most recent of app updates.

BTW and FYI,

These 8 and 9-year old iPad models will be soon rendered fully obsolete by the end of 2020!

Here's why and what you will need to do about it in 2020!

Tap and read my link below for my additional info about your old iPad model.

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2020 5:02 PM in response to jofritz

Since the YouTube app no longer works or is compatible with your 8-year old iPad, you can use the YouTube Website in a Web browser.

Speaking of Web browsers,

I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Here are a few third party web browsers that I know are STILL being updated and supported on iOS 9 and 10

Available and better known, more popular third party Web browser choices are GONE, now.

There are still a handful of iOS 10 and earlier supported third party Web browsers.

Most of these have had recent updates, too!

Here’s what’s left.

iCab Mobile Web browser

Aloha Web browser

ALook Web browwer

Dolphin Web browser

DuckDuckGo Private Web browser

Snow Bunny Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Private Browsing Web browser by Savvy Soda

Private Browser Deluxe

TOR browser anonymous

Turbo VPN browser

TOR + VPN web browser private

Pick two that have had the most recent of app updates.

BTW and FYI,

These 8 and 9-year old iPad models will be soon rendered fully obsolete by the end of 2020!

Here's why and what you will need to do about it in 2020!

Tap and read my link below for my additional info about your old iPad model.

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Ipad 4th gen update required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.