You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Pixma Pro 100 print driver not visible when printing from Adobe Illustrator

I am having trouble getting the printer driver that I recently downloaded to show up when I print from Illustrator. This printer was purchases used, but I went through and downloaded all the available software for my Mac (OS Catalina) and I still can't get it to recognize the driver. I can change the print options to Adobe Post Script File and then it will save it for me. I then need to go find the file and print from there. Although, it can be a crapshoot to the size.

Any words of wisdom out there?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 9:37 AM

You must reset the print system and re-add the PRO-100 by selecting either the Catalina-specific, Pro 100 Series drivers that you downloaded and installed, or by choosing Apple's AirPrint which supports this model, and several other Canon Pro series printers when networked — without needing Canon drivers or software.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2020 9:37 AM in response to HeatherJinMN

You must reset the print system and re-add the PRO-100 by selecting either the Catalina-specific, Pro 100 Series drivers that you downloaded and installed, or by choosing Apple's AirPrint which supports this model, and several other Canon Pro series printers when networked — without needing Canon drivers or software.

Aug 7, 2020 10:31 AM in response to VikingOSX

Okay, good to know I downloaded the correct one, but unfortunately, when I go into Illustrator, the print options are only that of the Canon, my HP and then the Adobe Post Script file. When I chose the post script file, that does let me save it and then if I go open that, I can print from there, but it seems like that shouldn't have to be.

Ugh, thanks for your help!

Aug 7, 2020 9:42 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi there,

I have done a restart several times on both my printer and the computer, as well as deleted and redownloaded the drivers 3 or 4 times. I have even chosen the AirPrint option but when I get to illustrator and choose the Canon printer, the dropdown below it is always greyed out and doesn't let me chose a driver. I don't know what else to try.

When I download the print driver, it doesn't give you the option to download for Catalina, it just says the driver is suited for up to the Catalina OS.

https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro-100.html?type=drivers&language=&os=macos%2010.15%20(catalina)

I feel like my Mac has always been so easy to install things to it and this one has me bonkers! I've been trying all week :(

Thank you for responding by the way!

Canon Pixma Pro 100 print driver not visible when printing from Adobe Illustrator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.