Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to authorize my iMac to download some tunes. Keeps telling me I have 5 devices authorized but my list of authorizations is only 4 devices. What do I do to add this iMac?

Trying to authorize my iMac to download some tunes. Keeps telling me I have 5 devices authorized but my list of authorizations is only 4 devices. What do I do to add this iMac? Using Catalina 10.15.6.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 12:03 PM

For some phantom reason 5 devices are currently being recognized. Thoroughly review the previously linked Support Article for the troubleshooting tips provided. I can't assuage your fear, but I have often done that in the past without consequence, and deauthorizing all, and reauthorizing appears to be your only option.

9 replies

Aug 7, 2020 11:51 AM in response to prpllad

According to: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

"If you run out of authorizations, deauthorize all

If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer that you don't use anymore, deauthorize it. If you sold or gave away a computer that's used one of your 5 authorizations, you need to choose Deauthorize All on the Account Information page. Then authorize each computer that you still use."

Trying to authorize my iMac to download some tunes. Keeps telling me I have 5 devices authorized but my list of authorizations is only 4 devices. What do I do to add this iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.