Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id change

My old apple id is change with new one so how can i get old apple id

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 6:13 PM

Did you do a name change on the old Apple ID and now you are wanting to revert to the old Apple ID email address? Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Or did you create a new Apple ID and now you want to recover the old ID?

See if you can recover the ID/password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2020 6:13 PM in response to Rachit Desai

Did you do a name change on the old Apple ID and now you are wanting to revert to the old Apple ID email address? Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Or did you create a new Apple ID and now you want to recover the old ID?

See if you can recover the ID/password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

Apple id change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.