Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked emails still coming through iPhone

I use block sender for unwanted Spam emails and my preferences confirms

this yet I still get the emails in my inbox instead of in a spam folder. How do I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 7:52 PM

Hello JoyceIP,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue you're having with your blocked emails coming to your inbox. You can adjust the settings for what happens to the incoming email after you've blocked it. Go to Settings > Mail > Threading > Blocked Sender Options. From there you are presented with three options:

• None: This turns off all email blocking.
  • Mark as Blocked, Leave in Inbox: This will allow the blocked mail to come to your inbox, but you will not receive a notification for it.
  • Move to Trash: Sends the blocked email to the Trash folder. You can empty the trash manually, or choose to have the trash empty automatically in your account settings.

Let us know if this helps you, or if you have any questions.

Take care and be safe.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 7:52 PM in response to JoyceIP

Hello JoyceIP,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue you're having with your blocked emails coming to your inbox. You can adjust the settings for what happens to the incoming email after you've blocked it. Go to Settings > Mail > Threading > Blocked Sender Options. From there you are presented with three options:

• None: This turns off all email blocking.
  • Mark as Blocked, Leave in Inbox: This will allow the blocked mail to come to your inbox, but you will not receive a notification for it.
  • Move to Trash: Sends the blocked email to the Trash folder. You can empty the trash manually, or choose to have the trash empty automatically in your account settings.

Let us know if this helps you, or if you have any questions.

Take care and be safe.

Blocked emails still coming through iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.