Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring music (iTunes) from Time Machine

I have iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone. By mistake I binned about 6,000 music files on my iMac. I retrieved the files into a temporary folder on my desktop, then dragged that over the music icon. So okay they are back in the music folder. But, all the playlists I created for a weekly radio show I do are now empty and I need them as an ongoing check for what's been played etc. Also the files I've reinstalled now also show up again on other devices which adds to the confusion. So, I decided to restore the IMac back to the day before the problem, which looks 3 to 4 hours, worked fine with all playlists restored, but only for approx 15 minutes. whereupon the music updated itself, syncing with the laptop and now I'm back to square one. Can anyone help with advice or a solution?

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 5:52 AM

Do you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? If so you need to disable iCloud Music Library (aka Sync Library), restore the old iTunes Library.itl database from backup, disconnect from the Internet, launch iTunes and check that iCloud Music Library is still disabled, then reconnect to the Internet and enable iCloud Music Library once more.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 5:52 AM in response to woodyroy

Do you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? If so you need to disable iCloud Music Library (aka Sync Library), restore the old iTunes Library.itl database from backup, disconnect from the Internet, launch iTunes and check that iCloud Music Library is still disabled, then reconnect to the Internet and enable iCloud Music Library once more.

tt2

restoring music (iTunes) from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.