Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Pair my Apple Watch

I've been unable to pair my Series 1 apple watch ever since I got a new iPhone 11. Every time I try to connect, I am told to update the apple watch software, even though it is already updated to 5.3.8. There is no button to further proceed (only a "cancel" button) after checking if my software is up to date. My only option from there is to "exit and reset watch" after which my phone unpairs from my apple watch. I was unable to disconnect my apple watch from my old iPhone before trading it into the Apple store, so I'm wondering whether that has to do with the issue. I already tried turning on & off my phone and my apple watch as well as resetting factory settings, with no help.

I've been trying to call Apple Support, but for some reason the call gets disconnected every time.

Please help me solve this issue. Thank you. Screenshots are attached.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 5:02 PM

You need to check the IOS on your phone. It is probably 13+ which would mean your watch needs to be updated to os 6.2.8. You can't pair unless they are both right. Even though it says your watch is up to date have you tried to continue the update like on your last screenshot? Read this Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support Good luck.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 5:02 PM in response to cindientes

You need to check the IOS on your phone. It is probably 13+ which would mean your watch needs to be updated to os 6.2.8. You can't pair unless they are both right. Even though it says your watch is up to date have you tried to continue the update like on your last screenshot? Read this Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support Good luck.

Unable to Pair my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.