Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding husband to family music on my iphone but how does he get the music on his itunes

i have unlimited music on my apple music. I added my husband so he could download music as well. we cant figure how to let him add any music he wants. Help please

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 5:23 PM

Hey, chawn69!

To share Apple Music with Family Sharing, let's first check you have the Family plan. From your iPhone, open the Music app. From there, head over to the For You page and tap the profile icon in the top right corner. From there, scroll down and press View Apple ID. Once you've verified your identity to view that page, open the Subscriptions menu. Your Apple Music subscription should clearly state Family and a length of time.

Assuming that is all correct, the next thing we can do is check your husband is a part of your Family on iCloud. Head over to Settings, and tap your name at the top. From there, tap Family Sharing. If your husband appears there, scroll down and check that Apple Music is set to On.

The final thing for you to do is on your Husband's Mac, to open the Music app and ensure he's signed into his Apple ID - the same one you have added to family sharing. If he is, he should automatically have access to Apple Music.

If the above steps don't work, then you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 5:23 PM in response to chawn69

Hey, chawn69!

To share Apple Music with Family Sharing, let's first check you have the Family plan. From your iPhone, open the Music app. From there, head over to the For You page and tap the profile icon in the top right corner. From there, scroll down and press View Apple ID. Once you've verified your identity to view that page, open the Subscriptions menu. Your Apple Music subscription should clearly state Family and a length of time.

Assuming that is all correct, the next thing we can do is check your husband is a part of your Family on iCloud. Head over to Settings, and tap your name at the top. From there, tap Family Sharing. If your husband appears there, scroll down and check that Apple Music is set to On.

The final thing for you to do is on your Husband's Mac, to open the Music app and ensure he's signed into his Apple ID - the same one you have added to family sharing. If he is, he should automatically have access to Apple Music.

If the above steps don't work, then you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

adding husband to family music on my iphone but how does he get the music on his itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.