Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am reinstalling macOS but can't find disc where i can install it. i have macbook air with 128 gb SDD . PLZ HELP.

How can I install macOS in my mac air when i can't erase disk in Disk Utility?

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 3:15 AM

Shutdown computer. Plug-in charger and plugin to electrical socket. Turn on computer and Immediately press keys Command + R. Keep holding until apple logo appears. We are boosting in Recovery Mode so it will be slower than normal boot time. Once in recovery look for option to Reinstall macOS. Whatever version was installed it will install the same version over it. his is sometimes called In-place install.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 3:15 AM in response to iamgauravbhagat

Shutdown computer. Plug-in charger and plugin to electrical socket. Turn on computer and Immediately press keys Command + R. Keep holding until apple logo appears. We are boosting in Recovery Mode so it will be slower than normal boot time. Once in recovery look for option to Reinstall macOS. Whatever version was installed it will install the same version over it. his is sometimes called In-place install.

I am reinstalling macOS but can't find disc where i can install it. i have macbook air with 128 gb SDD . PLZ HELP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.