Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Each caller is unknown

Everytime I get a call, even from friends that are in my contacts, I get a notification that it is a unknown caller. I've had this issue for years now and it's really annoying when I miss important calls. Every call is a supposed 'Unknown Caller' even though my contacts also show up as an unknown caller. I don't know how to solve this issue..

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 3:51 AM

Check if you stored Phone numbers in correct format

Please check the Phone Number format stored in your Contact list. There must not be any manually added spaces in between the numbers. However when you enter a phone number iPhone will add spaces, hyphen & parenthesis based on the country code prefixed to the number. That is OK, but do not add manually.

Watch the GIF below

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 3:51 AM in response to TheBorito

Check if you stored Phone numbers in correct format

Please check the Phone Number format stored in your Contact list. There must not be any manually added spaces in between the numbers. However when you enter a phone number iPhone will add spaces, hyphen & parenthesis based on the country code prefixed to the number. That is OK, but do not add manually.

Watch the GIF below

Each caller is unknown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.