Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 7 plus won't allow me to go past the passcode screen even if i put the right passcode.

i was using my phone and trying the voice activation in the settings section so i could maybe in the future open my phone with voice or gesture incase i couldn't use my fingers. Then all of a sudden, my phone starting speaking out instructions and it went to the lock screen. I could no longer go to my home screen. The Password screen came up and i cannot even put my 6 digit password because it won't accept it neither will it accept my thumbprint. My phone is disabled and i can only see the passcode screen. and every time i touch it a voice just says everything i am touching. Help.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 8:52 AM

Double-tap anywhere you would otherwise tap once. So tap twice on each digit of your passcode. Then go to Settings/Accessibility and turn it off.

Here are some other methods from Turn on and practice VoiceOver on iPhone - Apple Support:

Turn VoiceOver on or off

Important: VoiceOver changes the gestures you use to control iPhone. When VoiceOver is on, you must use VoiceOver gestures to operate iPhone.

To turn VoiceOver on or off, use any of the following methods:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 8:52 AM in response to MacSoriano

Double-tap anywhere you would otherwise tap once. So tap twice on each digit of your passcode. Then go to Settings/Accessibility and turn it off.

Here are some other methods from Turn on and practice VoiceOver on iPhone - Apple Support:

Turn VoiceOver on or off

Important: VoiceOver changes the gestures you use to control iPhone. When VoiceOver is on, you must use VoiceOver gestures to operate iPhone.

To turn VoiceOver on or off, use any of the following methods:

Aug 9, 2020 8:47 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks so much, Lawrence. This is helpful. I will keep this in mind. My biggest problem is that it won't allow me at all to go past the ENTER PASSCODE window. And in the top and centre of this screen I see a padlock SOS sign. I don't know how this happened. I wish I never attempted to use voice and gesture control. I was tinkering around with it and I guess it took over. I did put in a gesture and even that gesture doesn't work. I am headed to my Apple dealer to see what they can do for me. Again, I appreciate the time you took to answer my problem.

Cindy

my iPhone 7 plus won't allow me to go past the passcode screen even if i put the right passcode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.