You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone pausing itself

My iPhone XR keeps pausing itself; I am listening to my Spotify Playlist through my headphones and it keeps pausing. I usually have in in my pocket, so I tried to listen to it with it on my lap; and it did the same thing. It plays when I unplug my headphones or watch YouTube through my headphones it works. Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 5:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 12:32 PM

Hello there Elixzr_End,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you are having an issue with your device pausing Spotify when are listening with your EarPods. We are more than happy to help you out with this.

To troubleshoot, we recommend testing the issue with a different pair of EarPods. If the issue does not persist with the new EarPods, then the old ones were most likely causing the issue.

If you continue to have the issue, try force quitting Spotify by following the steps in the following article:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have issues after quitting the app, we recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling the application. Follow the steps below for how-to steps:

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

To reinstall, navigate to the App Store and search for Spotify and press the cloud icon.

We hope this helps! Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2020 12:32 PM in response to Elixzr_End

Hello there Elixzr_End,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you are having an issue with your device pausing Spotify when are listening with your EarPods. We are more than happy to help you out with this.

To troubleshoot, we recommend testing the issue with a different pair of EarPods. If the issue does not persist with the new EarPods, then the old ones were most likely causing the issue.

If you continue to have the issue, try force quitting Spotify by following the steps in the following article:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have issues after quitting the app, we recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling the application. Follow the steps below for how-to steps:

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

To reinstall, navigate to the App Store and search for Spotify and press the cloud icon.

We hope this helps! Have a great day!

Why is my iPhone pausing itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.