Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received this message about Legacy System extension that may be incompatible with future versions of MACos....I am very computer literate so could someone tell me what this all means??

Do I need to do anything about the legacy system.....i don't know what this all means???

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 6:26 PM

To add a bit to dialabrain's comments, this "warning" is letting you know that some app or component that supports that app, may or may not, work with a future release of macOS. Most, if not all application developers typically participate in the Apple Developer's beta program. This give them an opportunity to decide if they want to upgrade their respective apps to be compatible with a future OS release. Furthermore, each work to their own development timelines ... so it may be possible that they may not have an update in time. So, if you have particular apps that you rely on, you may want to hold off upgrading to a major new OS release until such time as that app's developer provides a compatible version.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 6:26 PM in response to cindy8256

To add a bit to dialabrain's comments, this "warning" is letting you know that some app or component that supports that app, may or may not, work with a future release of macOS. Most, if not all application developers typically participate in the Apple Developer's beta program. This give them an opportunity to decide if they want to upgrade their respective apps to be compatible with a future OS release. Furthermore, each work to their own development timelines ... so it may be possible that they may not have an update in time. So, if you have particular apps that you rely on, you may want to hold off upgrading to a major new OS release until such time as that app's developer provides a compatible version.

I received this message about Legacy System extension that may be incompatible with future versions of MACos....I am very computer literate so could someone tell me what this all means??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.