Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airplay does not work when my Apple TV is offline (disconnected from WiFi). Please help.

I am having an issue where when I try to airplay something to my Apple TV while it is disconnected from the internet nothing will load. I can see where it attempts to load the content but endlessly buffers and an image is never loaded.

I never had an issue with this before until I installed tvOS 14.0 (18J5344d). This is a big problem for me as I just moved into a new house and have no way to watch television other than on my phone.

I've tried resetting my AppleTV and used multiple iOS devices to try to stream with and neither of them work.

Please help!

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 5:36 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 9, 2020 6:09 PM in response to Brock0003

Airplay is designed to work over Wifi. Did you try connecting your Apple TV to wifi?

On Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Network. On Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), go to Settings > General > Network. Choose the name of a compatible Wi-Fi network to join. If asked, enter your Wi-Fi password. If you don’t know your password, get help.

My airplay does not work when my Apple TV is offline (disconnected from WiFi). Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.