Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can apple watch work with a patient call button

Is there an app and a call type button I can use with my watch?

I have an elderly parent that lives with us and would like to be able for her to buzz my watch or phone if she needs help.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 7:27 AM

The only thing I can think of is to get her a watch and then she can buzz you with the walkie talkie app. An Apple watch is a good idea also if she fell and couldn't call for help. It would call an sos. That is the reason I got mine if I pass out and fall my watch will take care of calling 911 and then send a message to my emergency contacts that I am in trouble.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 7:27 AM in response to agfromvc

The only thing I can think of is to get her a watch and then she can buzz you with the walkie talkie app. An Apple watch is a good idea also if she fell and couldn't call for help. It would call an sos. That is the reason I got mine if I pass out and fall my watch will take care of calling 911 and then send a message to my emergency contacts that I am in trouble.

Can apple watch work with a patient call button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.