Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked me out of my MacBook Pro

I have a big problem that io cannot fix. ive done a bit of research online, and still can not find the answer. my duaghter dicided to be angry to her mom & i and has locked me out of my macbook pro,by using the wrong password too many times. my computer is a macbook pro 17” i purchased 10 years ago..

my screen is telling me that i need to enter a (6 digit Pin Code), which i have no clue what it may be..

i never seen that before ! (6 DIGIT PIN CODE) if anyone out there can help me solve this issue, i would highly appriciate you !

thanks folks !

John

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 9:54 AM

Your daughter setup a firmware password. Passcodes, such as those you see on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) don't exist on a Mac.

If she randomly punched in a number so that even she doesn't know what it is, you're stuck. The only way to get past it is to take the Mac to an Apple Store, along with proof of purchase (the original sales receipt). They can then clear the firmware password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 9:54 AM in response to jbyanni

Your daughter setup a firmware password. Passcodes, such as those you see on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) don't exist on a Mac.

If she randomly punched in a number so that even she doesn't know what it is, you're stuck. The only way to get past it is to take the Mac to an Apple Store, along with proof of purchase (the original sales receipt). They can then clear the firmware password.

Locked me out of my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.