Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted photos

Someone from a different device that was signed in to my iCloud deleted all my photos and they deleted off of my phone also can I get them back from a later backup and if so how?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 10:54 AM

Your Apple ID was seemingly compromised.

Fix that, as deletion of photos is a rounding error in the potential for damage after such a compromise.

Enable two-factor authentication, if that’s not already enabled.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you’re sharing an Apple ID across multiple folks, what you’ve experienced here is to be expected. Use Family Sharing to share apps and purchases.

Family Sharing - Apple

Backups for photos:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As for your photos, check your backups, or check the iCloud recently-deleted album. See the section on recovering deleted photos here:

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Depending on what happened here, the photos may well be gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 10:54 AM in response to Jacksong1181

Your Apple ID was seemingly compromised.

Fix that, as deletion of photos is a rounding error in the potential for damage after such a compromise.

Enable two-factor authentication, if that’s not already enabled.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you’re sharing an Apple ID across multiple folks, what you’ve experienced here is to be expected. Use Family Sharing to share apps and purchases.

Family Sharing - Apple

Backups for photos:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As for your photos, check your backups, or check the iCloud recently-deleted album. See the section on recovering deleted photos here:

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Depending on what happened here, the photos may well be gone.

Deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.