Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have I accidentally deleted my photos?

If I remove a device from my account will it also remove photos saved to iCloud from that device?

I’ve just fixed and backed up from an old phone and then removed two other devices from my account. Now I am only seeing photos from the last two years on iCloud.

I had just logged into the cloud the other day before I fixed this phone and all of them were there.

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 8:47 PM

No, it shouldn't because your data (photos) will be stored in iCloud, e.g. when I trade-in my devices, I don't lose my photos/videos as they are still in iCloud. Now, with respect to this "old phone" do you know if it has enough storage space on it. and also, do you have enough iCloud storage space as well?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 8:47 PM in response to ATPhillips86

No, it shouldn't because your data (photos) will be stored in iCloud, e.g. when I trade-in my devices, I don't lose my photos/videos as they are still in iCloud. Now, with respect to this "old phone" do you know if it has enough storage space on it. and also, do you have enough iCloud storage space as well?

Have I accidentally deleted my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.