Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message /private/var/spool/cups/tmp

I'm trying to print a PDF document on iOS 10.15.6. The print job goes to the printer and returns this...

Stopped - Can't open "private/var/spool/cups/tmp/005ab5f3d86a9"

I printed this PDF file several years ago (earlier version of iOS) with no problems. I'm using an EPSON WF-7520. Have updated the driver for the printer. Just did new update to iOS on Mac (hoped something would change in situation with that update but, alas, no).

This question has been posted before, and it was recommended to start a new thread. Old post recommended resetting the printer system, but answer referred to El Capitan and links are no longer available for the how-to.

What needs to be done to get this PDF file to print? I printed a different PDF file with no incident, but this particular one is a no-go!

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 8:10 PM

To reset the printing system, ctrl-click on the printer list and select Reset Printing System.

You will have to Add your printer again.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 1, 2020 10:18 AM in response to CyberAmazon54

TY, Barney-15E. Tried single thing outlined from the link you first provided (Turn Off Print Dialog Extensions). Went into Options & Supplies of Printers & Scanners to check "Use Generic Printer Features" and it has resolved this issue for me.

So "Reset the Mac printing system" was not necessary, thankfully. (That just sounded ominous to do to me! LOL)

Thanx so much for your help! Much appreciated!

error message /private/var/spool/cups/tmp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.