Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to SCAN a document after upgrade to Ventura 13.0.1

Just upgraded my MacBook Pro to Ventura 13.0.1, and also applied the most current Epson drivers. While printing to my Epson Workforce 630 Printer/Scanner works properly, attempts to Scan a document hangs and never completes. Have already spend 2 hours on the phone with Apple Support. Any ideas on how to get the Scanner to connect?

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:34 PM

Hi Lhlee4901,

There is an ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.12 for Apple's Image Capture utility under Drivers here:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-200/s/SPT_C11CC48201?review-filter=macOS+13.x#drivers

Is this the one installed?

Also, the Epson XP-200 is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support (en-us, December 13, 2022), but it was listed in the July 01, 2022 issue of this article as a printer supporting the AirPrint technology.

Any change if you connect the printer to a Wi-Fi router (the same as the Mac computer)?

You may have to reset the printing system and re-add the printer to use AirPrint. See the following articles for details:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 2:34 PM in response to Lhlee4901

Hi Lhlee4901,

There is an ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.12 for Apple's Image Capture utility under Drivers here:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-200/s/SPT_C11CC48201?review-filter=macOS+13.x#drivers

Is this the one installed?

Also, the Epson XP-200 is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support (en-us, December 13, 2022), but it was listed in the July 01, 2022 issue of this article as a printer supporting the AirPrint technology.

Any change if you connect the printer to a Wi-Fi router (the same as the Mac computer)?

You may have to reset the printing system and re-add the printer to use AirPrint. See the following articles for details:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

Dec 7, 2022 8:27 AM in response to EpsonScannerIssue

I just helped a friend with this issue. We called Epson and they said that you need to download a new program “Image Capture” to your computer in order to use the scanner. We did and while it was easier to have one program for printing and scanning having this new program installed saves us from getting a new printer compatible with the new Mac software. I suggest calling Epson and letting them guide you to get this program on yr computer.

Jan 16, 2023 1:32 PM in response to EpsonScannerIssue

Unble to scan using my Epson xp200 (printing functions properly) after upgrading to a 2020 MacBook Pro running Ventura. Epson support indicates there is no longer a scanner driver that works with Ventura and suggested I download Image Capture, which I have done. But when I open Image Capture, no devices are recognized. Epson Support said not to use a USB hub, but one is necessary since the 2020 MacBook Pro does not have a USB-A port. Then Epson provided a work around: Open Image Capture, click on FILE: TWAIN Reset. Then restart the printer. When I open Image Support, there is no File option (only Edit, View, Window and Help). Any suggestions?

Jan 27, 2023 9:52 PM in response to EpsonScannerIssue

I'm running Ventura 13.1 (you can upgrade from System Settings if you're running an earlier version). I have a new computer and am just getting around to installing my old Epson e200.

I don't like ScanSmart from Epson, so I thought I would just download the drivers from the Epson site and then I could use Apple's ImageCapture or Preview to scan. But that didn't work; I didn't get the Mac Studio to recognize the scanner, though it was plugged in and available during the installs.

I resorted to download the whole utilities and drivers combo installer. With the e200 connected by USB to my computer and powered on, I did the complete install. Unlike the barebones installers for the drivers, the Epson installer for the combo prompted me through the whole install, including connecting to the scanner and making a test scan.

I'm not sure that will help, and I'm not sure why my earlier plain vanilla attempts did not work, but you might try it.

ImageCapture, as someone in this discussion mentioned, is a very serviceable app that Apple provides as part of the standard system install (no need to download it, as they said). You can scan documents from ImageCapture, or you can even directly scan from Apple Preview (Preview--> File --> Import from [name of scanner]).

Unable to SCAN a document after upgrade to Ventura 13.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.