Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner not working with OS Ventura 13.1

Since installing OS Ventura 13.1 my Xpress M2070FW Samsung Printer/Scanner won't work with my computer.

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 5:22 AM

When networked, this device is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint and without vendor drivers installed. Scanning functionality is performed by Apple's Image Capture, Preview, or the optional VueScan Professional software (no vendor drivers necessary).

The last macOS operating system that HP supported with its Sept 2022 driver update for this device was macOS Monterey (12). HP shows no compatibility with Ventura 13.* yet. If you have not installed that Sept 2022 driver yet, I would do that, followed by resetting the print system and re-adding the device with that Samsung driver update.

If the preceding paragraph does not work, and with the device powered and networked, Reset the printing system, or remove [-] the printer from Printers & Scanners and re-add it. This time, Apple's Bonjour should detect it, you select that entry, and the Use: selector may say default, or AirPrint. Choose either and re-add the device. Then the first paragraph scanning solutions should detect and offer scanning.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 5:22 AM in response to ihavmsdmit

When networked, this device is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint and without vendor drivers installed. Scanning functionality is performed by Apple's Image Capture, Preview, or the optional VueScan Professional software (no vendor drivers necessary).

The last macOS operating system that HP supported with its Sept 2022 driver update for this device was macOS Monterey (12). HP shows no compatibility with Ventura 13.* yet. If you have not installed that Sept 2022 driver yet, I would do that, followed by resetting the print system and re-adding the device with that Samsung driver update.

If the preceding paragraph does not work, and with the device powered and networked, Reset the printing system, or remove [-] the printer from Printers & Scanners and re-add it. This time, Apple's Bonjour should detect it, you select that entry, and the Use: selector may say default, or AirPrint. Choose either and re-add the device. Then the first paragraph scanning solutions should detect and offer scanning.

Scanner not working with OS Ventura 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.