Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your Account Has Been Disabled In The App Store And iTunes"

My App store Username and Password are correct, and I am signed in. However, a prompt appears when trying to update apps that say, "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes." When I try and sign in through apple's website, it "works," but I have to answer the security question that I wrote 15ish years ago when I was a dumb teenager. I can change my password, but I cannot change my security questions. Apple support informed me that I need just to forget it and repurchase/download apps.

At one point, I accepted this "solution," and I signed in with my newer iCloud account, but decided that I shouldn't have to pay for apps that I have already paid for.

The latest advice I received was to keep guessing at the security questions, and, by chance, one day, I will crack that code.

Does anyone have a solution?

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 1:37 PM

4 replies

Aug 22, 2020 9:25 AM in response to SeaUnit

Based on multiple other posts I have read, Apple Support will not help you reset your security questions. I suggest you contact iTunes Support and see if they are willing to transfer your purchases to your new Apple ID. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call      

Starting an online chat with Apple Support 

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

"Your Account Has Been Disabled In The App Store And iTunes"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.