Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload videos off of my phone when data storage is full.

My phone says that the data storage is full and i have to delete things. I'm trying to delete some videos but want to transfer others to an SD card or to my computer but I'm not being allowed. Is there a way to do this?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 8:54 PM

Here is how you can Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can import to your mac or PC. From there, you can transfer it to an external drive.

3 replies

Aug 10, 2020 9:37 PM in response to mad at macbook

Thank you for your response. This is what I would like to do but I'm struggling to get the videos to import to the mac. AirDrop won't work. I will give it another try and hope that they actually download. Currently it says downloading but it doesn't look like anything is happening. The other message I got is something like "there's been a problem in preparing the video. Try again later."

Thanks again.

How to upload videos off of my phone when data storage is full.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.