Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer files from iPhone to Windows 10

I just spent 40 minutes trying to transfer a few images from my iPhone 8-Plus to Window 10. I ended-up using a direct connect USB to Lightning connector. Bluetooth wouldn't work. Airdrop wouldn't work. Will someone please explain to me why I pay a premium price for a Apple product, over $900, and it can't so much as transfer files to my PC through bluetooth! Bluetooth is a common widely used industry standard way of transferring a data file. Please revise iOS to permit data file transfer through bluetooth.

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 8:05 PM

Hey!

As you may know, airdrop is not supported on Windows computers, but you can still transfer files over bluetooth.

Here's how:

1. Firstly, go to your iPhone’s home and visit its Control Panel to turn on Bluetooth. You can also go to it Settings > Bluetooth and toggle the feature on from here. Also, make sure that your iPhone is “discoverable” beforehand.

2. Now, place it near your computer and go to its Start menu. Click on the gear icon to visit your Windows settings.

3. In your Windows settings, browse to Devices > Bluetooth and Other Devices and make sure the feature of Bluetooth is enabled.

4. Great! Once you have enabled Bluetooth, let your PC discover the nearby devices. Here, you can view a list of all the available devices, including your iPhone.

5. Select your iPhone from the list of available devices on your PC and authenticate the connection by entering a one-time generated code.

6. That’s it! Once both the devices are connected, you can go to your iPhone, and transfer anything to your PC.

Hope this helped.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2020 8:05 PM in response to jeff5048

Hey!

As you may know, airdrop is not supported on Windows computers, but you can still transfer files over bluetooth.

Here's how:

1. Firstly, go to your iPhone’s home and visit its Control Panel to turn on Bluetooth. You can also go to it Settings > Bluetooth and toggle the feature on from here. Also, make sure that your iPhone is “discoverable” beforehand.

2. Now, place it near your computer and go to its Start menu. Click on the gear icon to visit your Windows settings.

3. In your Windows settings, browse to Devices > Bluetooth and Other Devices and make sure the feature of Bluetooth is enabled.

4. Great! Once you have enabled Bluetooth, let your PC discover the nearby devices. Here, you can view a list of all the available devices, including your iPhone.

5. Select your iPhone from the list of available devices on your PC and authenticate the connection by entering a one-time generated code.

6. That’s it! Once both the devices are connected, you can go to your iPhone, and transfer anything to your PC.

Hope this helped.

Aug 11, 2020 8:32 PM in response to jeff5048

Bluetooth is a horrible way to transfer files, it is totally insecure and it is incredibly slow so I hope these are small files.

But you can suggest it to Apple here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html But since the iPhone has been released I have seen very few requests for this feature and after 13 years Apple hasn't added it so I would not hold your breath.

Aug 10, 2020 9:11 PM in response to jeff5048

Hello!

To transfer files through Bluetooth, try this:

Sync your content using Wi-Fi

After you set up syncing with iTunes using USB, you can set up iTunes to sync to your device with Wi-Fi instead of USB.

1. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. 
  2. Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window. 
  3. Select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi." 
  4. Click Apply.

When the computer and the device are on the same Wi-Fi network, the device appears in iTunes. The device syncs automatically whenever it's plugged in to power and iTunes is open on the computer.

Reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210612

Thank you. Hope this helped.

Transfer files from iPhone to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.