Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud email to other Apple ID

So, me and my family have been sharing one Apple ID for a while now. I made a personal @icloud.com email, which is attached to the Apple ID we share. Now, I want to use my own personal Apple ID, however it seems I can not get my @icloud.com email to link with my personal Apple ID. Is this somehow possible?

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 12:52 AM

7 replies

Aug 11, 2020 8:41 AM in response to Eric Root

I do not need to make a new Apple ID, I think I havent explained myself clearly, so basically:

There are two Apple ID's: example1@gmail . com is the ID which my family uses. I had made an iCloud email e.g. jasves@icloud . com which is tied to this apple ID.

Now, I decided to make an Apple ID with my other personal mail, which is e.g. jasves@gmail . com. However, I still make use of the jasves@icloud . com email, and want to link this iCloud email to my new Apple ID jasves @ gmail . com. Meaning, it should first get separated from the family Apple ID example1@gmail . com.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Aug 11, 2020 8:47 AM in response to jasonves

Ah. Ok. Unfortunately from my experience, an AppleID may not be associated with more than one account. It's a security risk (not for those who want you use it as you are intending to...) but it can open a can of worms if there was someone who was able to link their single email address to multiple accounts....

Ultimately it's for your safety.

Change iCloud email to other Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.