Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud email for Apple ID

Hi,

I have a problem with my account.

Since I get access with Apple ID on my iPhone, I never realized that my Apple ID was associated with an iCloud email.

The problem is that this iCloud email is my sister's email, and I would like to have a personal one.

So, is there something I can do to associate my Apple ID to another iCloud email?

Thanks for your help,

Stefano

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 7:21 PM

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 7:21 PM in response to stefanoButta

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Feb 24, 2022 7:41 PM in response to stefanoButta

If the AppleID you’re using is associated with your sisters iCloud email account, then you’re using your sisters AppleID, or she is using yours.

An AppleID is a personal login ID used for all Apple services (see -> https://appleid.apple.com/faq). That means it is the login ID that defines all your online service accounts with Apple - accounts for iCloud, FaceTime, iMessages, the App, iTunes and book stores, these forums, etc.

So any given iCloud account and iCloud email can only be associated with one AppleID (and any given AppleID can only be associated with a single iCloud account and iCloud email). So either you or your sister needs to make their own AppleID and stop using the others AppleID, depending on who made the original AppleID that created that iCloud account.

Change iCloud email for Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.