Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPad backup restore correctly?

I had backed up my iPad to my MacBook prior to wiping it. However, after wiping it, I seem to be unable to restore the backup. Whenever I try to restore it, it says the restore was successful, but none of the data is actually restored. So is there anything I can do to restore the backup successfully?

(I have a 6th gen iPad running iPadOS 13.4.1)

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 1:14 AM

7 replies

Aug 11, 2020 1:32 AM in response to FLMusic

I presume that you’re not seeing any errors during the restore process.

This may seem an off the wall question, but are you sure that the backup actually contains your data? When you create an iCloud or iTunes backup, you can decide which App data-sets to include/exclude. In addition to App data, are you seeing your Calender, Contacts, Keychain and other iCloud-synchronised data on your iPad?

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Aug 11, 2020 2:14 AM in response to LotusPilot

I think my backup contains all my data, considering it's around the same size as most of my previous backups, including ones I've restored successfully before.

Also, my iCloud data hasn't synced, but I'd assume that's because I hadn't signed in yet; I'd hoped to simply restore the backup right after wiping it. Would signing in help in any way?

Why won't my iPad backup restore correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.