Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch series 5 battery indicator stuck at 100%

Hi. I have had the series 5 watch for around 5-6 weeks now. It has all been gong fine until about a week ago when i noticed that the battery appeared to be holding a better charge day by day. I was charging it every day beforehand as it was down to around the 45% mark at nights. Then i noticed it wasn't dropping below 74% then around 86% then ultimately it is showing 100% permanently. At first I did try leaving it to see how long it would last before the battery died and it came down to around 74% after a day and a half and then went flat.

I've checked the software, which is up to date, and tried restarting/hard restarting it and that did appear to work for a couple of days and then it was right back to a permanent 100%. I've tried looking online to see if i could ask someone at Apple the question but all you find in the apple support is the option to send it back for repair and not to talk to anyone?

Anyone else having the same issues with the battery being stuck on 100%?

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 11:39 AM

Try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work the number to call is here. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support Good luck.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 21, 2020 12:41 AM in response to First Magus

Thank you for the reply and the suggestions.

I tried the options you suggested but unfortunately the watch was still the same. I was going to contact Apple support to discuss the problem when i got a chance, but then a couple of days ago it started working on it's own. The battery indicator had been permanently stuck on 100% now for several weeks and then a couple of nights ago when i went to put it on charge i noticed the the battery indication ring was at about a quarter. I checked the actual battery level and it was reading 30% and since then it has been working fine and reducing through the day.

It's a bit strange that it started working by itself as nothing that i tried actually worked at the time of trying. I'm glad that it's working again but it's a bit of a mystery and i'd prefer to know what the problem was and ultimately what fixed it.

Apple watch series 5 battery indicator stuck at 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.