Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life iPad Pro 12"

Hey,

Can anybody out there help me figure out whether I have a bad battery or whether this battery on my brand new iPad pro 12" is supposed to be ****. The battery drains sooo quickly, and I have set the brightness and all the other options to minimize battery use. It is brand new...anybody else seeing this? Should I take it in to get fixed??

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 4:28 AM

If you suspect battery issues with a brand new iPad, if purchased from Apple, you might be best advised to make use of the 14-day unconditional return period - and have the iPad replaced with another new iPad. Upon expiry of the 14-day window, any replacement will be for a refurbished (not new) device.

Otherwise, you should seek immediate help directly from Apple Support. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case or contact using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Only if you are outside of the 14-day return window would I recommend expending time and effort in attempting to diagnose and resolve a battery-related issue.

I hope this guidance is helpful to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2020 4:28 AM in response to mattmcgill

If you suspect battery issues with a brand new iPad, if purchased from Apple, you might be best advised to make use of the 14-day unconditional return period - and have the iPad replaced with another new iPad. Upon expiry of the 14-day window, any replacement will be for a refurbished (not new) device.

Otherwise, you should seek immediate help directly from Apple Support. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case or contact using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Only if you are outside of the 14-day return window would I recommend expending time and effort in attempting to diagnose and resolve a battery-related issue.

I hope this guidance is helpful to you.

Battery Life iPad Pro 12"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.