Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Appears Dead

Hello! I went to bed the other night with around 75% charge still on my MacBook Air (mid 2013, 13”), power adapter not plugged in. Next morning, nothing. No sounds, fan, lights, and not even a light (orange or green) on the power adapter plug when fitted into the slot. I’d had zero issues up until then. Something just seems to have died overnight. I’ve tried all of the button sequences recommended by Apple, but this definitely feels like a hardware issue. I’m just trying to figure out which piece of hardware. Thanks, in advance, for your help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 8:58 AM

Hello,

This may be charger or computer issue. Firstly try to connect your MacBook Air to another charger.

2 replies

Macbook Air Appears Dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.