Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt iCloud Drive

My iCloud drive has somehow become corrupted. I have tried to delete it so can restore it but nothing works. I have used all my devices to delete everthing even encripted files. I have turned off iCloud drive on all my devices but still it will not empty. It still syncs but there is 184gb that will not go away. I have also been to iCloud.com and deleted everything in there. is there another way to delete this? The issue is only with the drive not the other elements.

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 3:46 AM

Hi all

If you have the same issue as this then there is only one way to solve it! I contacted Apple support who very kindly called me and to check a few things. in the end they performed a little action on their end which cleared the issue. It was some kind of duplicate file that would which I not delete. What a delightful and talented team they have.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2020 3:46 AM in response to T.Dev

Hi all

If you have the same issue as this then there is only one way to solve it! I contacted Apple support who very kindly called me and to check a few things. in the end they performed a little action on their end which cleared the issue. It was some kind of duplicate file that would which I not delete. What a delightful and talented team they have.

Aug 13, 2020 8:28 AM in response to T.Dev

Hi T.Dev,

We're glad to look into this iCloud storage issue with you! Thanks for reaching out through our Apple Support Communities.

As it's possible to view exactly which items are stored in iCloud Drive on our iCloud website, we recommend signing into iCloud.com to identify items stored in iCloud Drive that would account for this large amount of storage usage you're seeing.

Let us know if the information in this guide helps, under the section titled, "On iCloud.com":

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

We're here for you if you've got any questions. Have a great day!

Corrupt iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.