Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos went missing

Hey guys,

couple of days ago I received a notification saying that my iCloud storage is running out so I have to upgrade it , So I suggested to remove some of the unimportant photos from my iCloud because I’m already on the 50 GB plan ,when I was removing some of the photos and videos a notification popped up stating that if I did remove those files from my iCloud it won’t affect the files that are already in my photos ! Like if I have a photo in my phone and I have a copy of it on the iCloud and I’ve removed it from the iCloud storage it will remain on my phone , However when I removed (all the photos) from the iCloud it disappeared from my phone !

the question is : Would I be able to restore them!?

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 1:35 PM

If you remove photos from your device or iCloud, it's removed in both places and on all devices you're signed into as that's how iCloud works and was designed.

1 reply

Photos went missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.