Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t find some of my photos I deleted on my phone in iCloud

I have taken pics on my phone and made sure I updated it to iCloud. When I deleted some on my photos on my phone to make room in my storage, I now can’t find those photos in my iCloud. I thought iCloud saves my photos until I go into iCloud to delete them.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 5:12 AM

No, it doesn't work that way.

Using iCloud Photos, you just "sync" your pictures to iCloud, but when you delet them (on your iphone or on iCloud) those pictures are gone.

Use this procedure to save your pictures from iCloud:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support. When they are safely stored on a computer, you can delete whatever you want on your device or on iCloud.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 5:12 AM in response to Asefashions_

No, it doesn't work that way.

Using iCloud Photos, you just "sync" your pictures to iCloud, but when you delet them (on your iphone or on iCloud) those pictures are gone.

Use this procedure to save your pictures from iCloud:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support. When they are safely stored on a computer, you can delete whatever you want on your device or on iCloud.

Regards

Giulio

I can’t find some of my photos I deleted on my phone in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.