Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cross Dissolves and Cross fades commands

Are there already key commands for video cross dissolves and audio cross fades? In the commands menu, I can't seem to find either. I do see the actual effects in the effects panel and can drop them on clips, but would like to do it via the keyboard. If not, can they be assigned? And is there a way to pull up a list of unused key commands?

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 1:45 PM

My apologies. I was thinking of something else. There is no audio cross fade transition. Ripple Training and Alex Gollner have free ones that are available. They're a bit clumsy as they use the whole transition space even though applied only to the audio.

9 replies

Aug 11, 2020 12:43 PM in response to bsurfm

If you want to set FCPX back to defaults, launch it while holding the command and option keys, then select delete preferences. This will open an empty, untitled library. Open the library you want to work on and make any desired changes to your preferences or just leave them at defaults until you get the hang of things.

If you're coming from another editor, there are a couple very helpful videos to watch: Unauthorized FCPX is by two editors in Hollywood explaining the UI and workflows coming from a Premiere or Avid perspective: <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFm0z5RkLU2rEd4TTRst_A> and Izzyvideo dot com. (I posted a direct link in a previous thread but the moderators blocked it mistakenly thinking it was advertising).

Cross Dissolves and Cross fades commands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.