Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I apply and effect to a multitude of clips?

I have the latest FCPX and Ventura on an M1 mini. I am converting HDR to SDR on the timeline via HDR tools. When I select all of the clips and try to drag the effect to all clips, I get the spinning beachball of death. When the SBBoD goes away only one clip gets the effect. This is time consuming as I try to edit.

Solutions?

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:21 PM

There are a few different ways to do this, but don’t just add the default to all the clips. Add it to one of the clips and in the Video inspector select the option you want. For iPhone to SDR select HLG to Rec709. If you’re going to use this a lot save it as an effect preset with the button at the bottom of inspector pane. To apply the preset select all the clips in the project you want to apply it to, find the preset in the category in which you saved it, and double click the preset. It gets applied to all the selected items.

Another way if you only need it for one project is apply it to a clip. Set the option you want and then copy the clip. Select all the other clips you want to apply it to and use either Paste Effects or Paste Attributes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 5:21 PM in response to nelsonmay

There are a few different ways to do this, but don’t just add the default to all the clips. Add it to one of the clips and in the Video inspector select the option you want. For iPhone to SDR select HLG to Rec709. If you’re going to use this a lot save it as an effect preset with the button at the bottom of inspector pane. To apply the preset select all the clips in the project you want to apply it to, find the preset in the category in which you saved it, and double click the preset. It gets applied to all the selected items.

Another way if you only need it for one project is apply it to a clip. Set the option you want and then copy the clip. Select all the other clips you want to apply it to and use either Paste Effects or Paste Attributes.

How do I apply and effect to a multitude of clips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.