Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video clips

There is no movement of the video clips when I insert them into a formatted iMovie theme show. They are as shot and stored in photos but when transferred to a short video they are static. I can edit them but there is no motion.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 5:40 PM

The static video issue has come up before. I don't know why it happens sometimes.

What has worked to cure the issue is to import the videos out of the Photos app into iMovie by using the Photos item in the iMovie media sidebar.

You might also try doing a File/Export from Photos to your desktop and dragging the videos into an iMovie project timeline from there.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 5:40 PM in response to Doctorfeeldepressed

The static video issue has come up before. I don't know why it happens sometimes.

What has worked to cure the issue is to import the videos out of the Photos app into iMovie by using the Photos item in the iMovie media sidebar.

You might also try doing a File/Export from Photos to your desktop and dragging the videos into an iMovie project timeline from there.

-- Rich

video clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.