Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meeting Invitations in Apple Mail

Is there a way to stop Apple Mail from automatically deleting the meeting invitations when they are replied to? There can be some very important information in the body of the email still, as part of the invite. Many people put content in the message area of an invitation.

With Outlook for Mac, it is possible to create a rule for Meeting Invites to be moved or copied, but I don't see a way to do this in Apple Mail.

In Outlook for Windows, I think this is an option that can be turned on/off.

Thoughts?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 9:00 AM

Hi i_rina,

Thanks for pointing to this article. It did help and I found a few other things online after lots of research and comparing Email Headers.

I ended up creating a rule in Apple Mail:

(This is for Microsoft Exchange Email Server using Office365)

1. Choose Edit Header List
  2. Add the Header: X-Ms-Traffictypediagnostic
  3. Select it and then select "Contains"
  4. Add "MeetingMessage" into the third box
  5. Perform the following action: Copy Message to Mailbox
  6. Previously created mailbox was "Invitations Copy"

So far this is working excellent. I have a history of all invitations in there. The key is to not click on the buttons for them to accept/decline/maybe or OK if it is another meeting notice or cancellation.

Screen shot below.

Hope this helps others out there as well!

Cheers,

Adam

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 9:00 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

Thanks for pointing to this article. It did help and I found a few other things online after lots of research and comparing Email Headers.

I ended up creating a rule in Apple Mail:

(This is for Microsoft Exchange Email Server using Office365)

1. Choose Edit Header List
  2. Add the Header: X-Ms-Traffictypediagnostic
  3. Select it and then select "Contains"
  4. Add "MeetingMessage" into the third box
  5. Perform the following action: Copy Message to Mailbox
  6. Previously created mailbox was "Invitations Copy"

So far this is working excellent. I have a history of all invitations in there. The key is to not click on the buttons for them to accept/decline/maybe or OK if it is another meeting notice or cancellation.

Screen shot below.

Hope this helps others out there as well!

Cheers,

Adam

Aug 13, 2020 12:01 PM in response to avanspro

Hi avanspro,

We understand you're wanting to see if there is a way to keep meeting invitations after they are replied to. We will do our best to explain.

You may be able to add a rule in Mac Mail by following the steps here: Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac

If you would like to submit feedback and/or suggestions bout this, you may do so here: Product Feedback

Take care.

Meeting Invitations in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.