Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't RSVP to single event while clearing out invite from from "Inbox" tab

I have a work email that is hosted on google. I synced that account with my iPhone's Calendar app. I prefer the layout of Apple's Calendar app to the Gmail app.

However, when I get sent invites for recurring google work events they show up in my "Inbox" area in the Calendar app. This is expected. However, I don't RSVP to all recurring events. I RSVP to events that are for that week only, not all events until the end of time. I can't figure out how to get the invite to not show up in my "Inbox" folder while only RSVPing to the week's upcoming meetings. I would be fine with just removing them from the "Inbox" folder, but I can't even figure out how to do that.

Is this really an all or nothing proposal? Where the only way to get it out of my inbox is to RSVP to every single even in the series?

Thanks for your help.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 2:40 PM

Greetings kill the headlights,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

If the calendar invite you were sent is a recurring event, you would have an invitation for each event until the end date if you respond to each by the week. If you'd like to clear out the Calendar Inbox, are you able to select "Maybe" for all events, then update if you're attending or not at the start of each week?

To confirm this information, take a look at the following steps found here: Reply to invitations in Calendar on iPhone - Apple Support

Reply to an event invitation

1. To respond to an event notification, tap it.

Or, in Calendar, tap Inbox, then tap an invitation.

2. Tap your response—Accept, Maybe, or Decline.

To respond to an invitation you receive by email, tap the underlined text in the email, then tap Show in Calendar.

If you add comments to your response, your comments can be seen by the organizer but not by other attendees (comments may not be available for all calendars). To see events you declined, tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen, then turn on Show Declined Events.

In addition, you can leave feedback to be reviewed by Apple at the following link if you'd like: Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 2:40 PM in response to kill the headlights

Greetings kill the headlights,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

If the calendar invite you were sent is a recurring event, you would have an invitation for each event until the end date if you respond to each by the week. If you'd like to clear out the Calendar Inbox, are you able to select "Maybe" for all events, then update if you're attending or not at the start of each week?

To confirm this information, take a look at the following steps found here: Reply to invitations in Calendar on iPhone - Apple Support

Reply to an event invitation

1. To respond to an event notification, tap it.

Or, in Calendar, tap Inbox, then tap an invitation.

2. Tap your response—Accept, Maybe, or Decline.

To respond to an invitation you receive by email, tap the underlined text in the email, then tap Show in Calendar.

If you add comments to your response, your comments can be seen by the organizer but not by other attendees (comments may not be available for all calendars). To see events you declined, tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen, then turn on Show Declined Events.

In addition, you can leave feedback to be reviewed by Apple at the following link if you'd like: Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day!

Sep 25, 2022 6:59 AM in response to Brandon_J_321

> are you able to select "Maybe" for all events, then update if you're attending or not at the start of each week?

I could select maybe, but I wouldn't like to select anything for a calendar event one month out, as an example. I want it to show up as unresponded to in Google's calendar and then I RSVP to everything the week before. Is there any way to remove it from the inbox section and only respond to individual events without responding "maybe" to everything? "Maybe" seems to be a different response than "this is too far out for me to think about yet."

Thanks for your help.

Can't RSVP to single event while clearing out invite from from "Inbox" tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.