Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Google shared calendar invitations for all my colleagues events

we use G suite at work. I am an admin of our account. I subscribe to all my teams shared calendars and since ios16 release, I now receive 100’s of calendar notifications from my teams calendars even though I’ve not been invited to that meeting.

this has never happened prior to ios16 and I have not changed anything else, so it must be ios16 causing this issue.

It’s an absolute nightmare and I am not able to use the calendar app - I have had to use Google’s app. Which isn’t ideal as I like to view my family & work calendars together and also have my calendar on my watch, which I am unable to do, because of this issue.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue? I’ve seen loads of others reporting this, but can’t find any good reasons or acknowledgement of the issue.

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2024 2:02 PM

Everything you see in Google Calendar under "My Calendars" (whether visible or hidden) is synced to Apple Calendar. You can use Google calendar sync tool to unsync ones. Unfortunately you'll need to do that again if you have more added to My Calendars. See: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/99358?hl=en#:~:text=Change%20which%20calendars%20get%20synced

Similar questions

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2024 2:02 PM in response to mikewalker1983

Everything you see in Google Calendar under "My Calendars" (whether visible or hidden) is synced to Apple Calendar. You can use Google calendar sync tool to unsync ones. Unfortunately you'll need to do that again if you have more added to My Calendars. See: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/99358?hl=en#:~:text=Change%20which%20calendars%20get%20synced

Jan 10, 2024 9:23 AM in response to mikewalker1983

I can confirm that removing admin privileges from Google Workspace fixes the Apple Calendar.

Apparently, you get Read & Write permissions to all calendars when you're Google Workspace Admin, so Apple Calendar treats them as "My Calendar".

Afaik Google Calendar app uses its own APIs whereas Apple Calendar is synced via CalDAV — so it might be that it's actually Google who sends incorrect calendars to sync.

The most annoying thing, however, is the responses in this thread "Apple Inc. is not Google Inc., ask them, not us" which is just plain awful. This is not a proper way to treat your valued customers. At least acknowledge that the problem exists and try to investigate the internals (e.g. CalDAV payloads) to see whether something can be done on either side.

Feb 17, 2023 1:17 PM in response to mikewalker1983

Same thing started happening to me as of last night--my phone started blowing up with other people's invitations and I had to accept or decline it to make it go away. I started declining and then all my colleagues said that someone other than them declined meetings they needed to be a part of! This morning logging into my Mac, the same issue is occurring in my apple calendar on my desktop...MAKE IT STOP. I have already unchecked everyone's calendars so I don't see them but that doesn't stop the invite notifications from coming all day long...even ones from years ago.

Oct 3, 2023 3:45 AM in response to all_that_remains

This is an issue with Calendar which is an Apple application and how it integrates with Google... This affects both macOS and iOS... Apple wrote the software to support the use of Google Accounts, Google did not write it... Apple 100% writes products to be compatible with third party products... otherwise no one would buy or use their systems.

There is a bug in the software which incorrectly fetches events from subscribed calendars and displays them as the user's events... it is probably a simple problem to fix (and may have resulted from a Google API change).

Feb 3, 2024 9:06 AM in response to mikewalker1983

This just started happening to me as well, after I was given admin privileges in our Google workspace. It’s a huge nuisance.

I was hopeful I’d solved the problem by unchecking the shared calendars in Calendar settings but the notifications keep on coming. I was surprised today to see that I’m even able to accept or decline on others behalf. (Though I can’t even tell whose calendar I’m receiving the notification for as it’s not shown in the notification.)

It has also been reported by Microsoft/Outlook users (I keep getting calendar invites for share… - Apple Community) - so it isn’t strictly an issue on Google’s end. Definitely a problem with Apple Calendar

I’m very disappointed to see that this issue has been ongoing for so long, I’m worried Apple doesn’t care to fix this issue and I will have to discontinue using the Calendar app. It’s been really nice to have my personal and work appointments together in one calendar.

Is there a better place to submit the bug to Apple since it doesn’t seem that they are seeing it here?

Mar 21, 2024 6:32 AM in response to roscoe81

roscoe81 wrote:

Can confirm myself and other Admins in our Google Workspace account have this issue. All receive notifications for events they are not invited to in iCal. Come on Apple!

Apple does not read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 1, 2022 2:08 AM in response to mikewalker1983

This issue seems to have been around for a while now: Receiving event invites for other users o… - Apple Community

I'm facing the same issue. It's very disturbing as even ignoring notifications for invitations meant for other team members does not help. They keep popping, sometimes right after I dismiss them, and then again and again.

Any updates on this would be very helpful. Thanks.

Google shared calendar invitations for all my colleagues events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.