Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Storage and iCloud

How can I get all my photos to just stay in the iCloud and iCloud Drive and not have them on my iPhone. I tried the optimize option for photos but still on my phone. My iPhone storage is full. I’ve deleted apps but doesn’t seem to help.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 5:59 PM

RileyZacca wrote:

How can I get all my photos to just stay in the iCloud and iCloud Drive and not have them on my iPhone. I tried the optimize option for photos but still on my phone. My iPhone storage is full. I’ve deleted apps but doesn’t seem to help.

iCloud Photos is a syncing service, not off device storage. It is working as designed.

Even optimized, your photos are still on your phone.

If your phone is full even with optimized photos, you need to remove content. Running your phone "full`" will cause nothing but grief.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2020 5:59 PM in response to RileyZacca

RileyZacca wrote:

iCloud Photos is a syncing service, not off device storage. It is working as designed.

Even optimized, your photos are still on your phone.

If your phone is full even with optimized photos, you need to remove content. Running your phone "full`" will cause nothing but grief.

iPhone Storage and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.