Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

i have selected to optimise all my photos so they don’t waste space on my iPhone but it looks like it hasn’t optimised as I still can see that it’s filling up most of the storage on my phone. How do I do it só my photos stay on iCloud but not on my phone. Or they can stay on my phone but optimised and not waste space on my phone

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 1:25 AM

Your photos are always available for both iPhone and iCloud. You delete it on the iPhone it is gone from iCloud and vice-versa. To save space on your iPhone use optimized iPhone storage. Remember, if you delete in one it is deleted everywhere.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 1:25 AM in response to celiabrava

Your photos are always available for both iPhone and iCloud. You delete it on the iPhone it is gone from iCloud and vice-versa. To save space on your iPhone use optimized iPhone storage. Remember, if you delete in one it is deleted everywhere.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.