Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My logi master mx3 won't work at the login screen

I have a logitech master mx3 bluetooth mouse already synced with my iMac. It works fine, however, everytime that I restart my iMac my mouse goes unresponsive, I need the mouse in order to change the keyboard layout, I'm using Dvorak on a keyboard with blank keycaps and every time that the iMac restart, the layout goes back to English, I need the mouse to change the layout to Dvorak. But it would be nice to use Dvorak at the login screen too.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 10:02 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 13, 2020 1:33 PM in response to nschurmann

He Nschurmann!

Based on your post, you'd like the ability to use the Dvorak keyboard at the login screen and have issues with your Logitech MX Master 3 Mouse. We have the answers for you.

To have the ability to change the keyboard to Dvorak at the login screen go to System Preferences > Users & Groups, select on your user, then Login Options on the left under the sidebar. It will provide some options, but you'll want to unlock that padlock with your administrator password on the very bottom left to make changes here. Once unlocked select on "Show input menu in login window" to have the ability to see the keyboard input in the menu bar when logging in and lock that padlock to save the changes.

Sometimes to reconnect the Bluetooth mouse, you can tap on the buttons on the mouse to wake it up and the Mac should then pair them once again. If that doesn't work, then you can Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac This resets a small amount of memory that your Mac uses to store specific settings and access them pretty quickly, which might resolve this.

If not, try to forget or remove the mouse and re-pair it with your Mac: Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac under section, "Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac" and then the section on, "Pair your Mac with a Bluetooth device".

Should that not resolve the issues with your Bluetooth mouse, do you have this issue when the mouse is paired to another device? Have you noticed any other Bluetooth concerns with your Mac? For example, when using Bluetooth headphones?

Wishing you the best!

Aug 13, 2020 7:53 PM in response to karina184

Thank you Karina, I tried resetting the NVRAM or PRAM, it surely changed some settings in my Mac but it didn't solve my issue, my Logitech MX Master 3 mouse is still unresponsive when I restart my iMac. I want to point out that I'm not using an Apple Mouse.

I also tried repairing my bluetooth mouse with unsuccessful results.

Do you know if there is a key combination that will let me change the layout in the login screen just using my keyboard?

I also want to point out that my mouse works fine after login in, if I lock the screen my mouse will work, it's only in the initial boot that my mouse is unresponsive.

Aug 16, 2020 12:02 PM in response to nschurmann

Hey Nschurmann!

If those previous steps haven't resolved the issue, we might be able to solve this!

Getting Started has some suggestions on how to solve this, if you're using FileVault. Look under section, "Connect using Bluetooth." Make sure you're using the most updated driver for your keyboard and mouse.

At the login screen, at the top right in the menu bar there should be a small window icon with the Command symbol inside. You should be able to select that to switch keyboard inputs.

Hope this helps out!

My logi master mx3 won't work at the login screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.