Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front and rear camera black, flashlight not working - probably software error

Hi,

I bought a secondhand iPhone 7. I did a factory reset and everything worked fine for a couple of days.

I went to France (from Belgium) in a car without airco (12h drive) while it was very hot. I never put him on the dashboard and didn't get the overheating message. But suddenly the camera didn't work anymore, all I got is a black screen. Not sure if the drive and heat are related to the problem.

I restarted the phone a few times, without succes. After a while, I restarted by holding the volume-down button and the power button, and suddenly the camera's where back.

Not long after that, they went out again. Now I didn't do a reset, but a full wipe and reinstall. After 4 times, the camera was back. But the morning after that, it was broke again.

Before taking it to an Apple Repair Center, can I try some things to fix this myself?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 2:20 AM

On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. ... If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touchIf the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't ...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 2:20 AM in response to JohnBaron

On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. ... If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touchIf the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't ...

Aug 12, 2020 2:55 AM in response to JohnBaron

I tried:

• Disabling voice-over (since you find that advice on the internet),
  • Resetting all settings,
  • Resetting network settings (doesn't seem logical, but found that as a solution somewhere),
  • Erase all content and settings,
  • Restore the phone from the iPhone and from Music (iTunes) (the latter should reset more deeply, I read somewhere),
  • Changing the flash-setting from within the camera-app.

Front and rear camera black, flashlight not working - probably software error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.