Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forward facing microphone issues iphone 11

When I take a video/facetime with my forward facing camera, the microphone doesn’t always work. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it won’t work in the beginning then starts working after it has been on a few minutes. (but not at full Capacity it is still quiet) I have tried cleaning with a nee clean tooth brush. I have tried going through all the settings. I even wiped the phone and started over and made sure we have all the updates. I can’t figure out why it won’t always work or how to fix it.

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 10:01 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Aug 13, 2020 5:38 PM in response to BackstreetPixie

Hey BackstreetPixie,

We understand that you're experiencing some inconsistent behavior from one of your iPhone's microphones.

Fortunately, we've a resource that should help:

"If people can't hear you on phone or FaceTime calls

1. Open the Voice Memos app. 
  2. Tap the Record button , speak at the bottom of your phone, then stop the recording. 
  3. When you play back the memo, you should hear your voice clearly.
  4. If you don't hear your voice clearly, contact Apple Support."

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Hope those steps help. Have a good day. as

Aug 13, 2020 5:38 PM in response to BackstreetPixie

Hey BackstreetPixie,

We understand that you're experiencing some inconsistent behavior from one of your iPhone's microphones.

Fortunately, we've a resource that should help:

"If people can't hear you on phone or FaceTime calls

1. Open the Voice Memos app. 
  2. Tap the Record button , speak at the bottom of your phone, then stop the recording. 
  3. When you play back the memo, you should hear your voice clearly.
  4. If you don't hear your voice clearly, contact Apple Support."

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Hope those steps help. Have a good day. as

Aug 17, 2020 8:05 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I just tested that, and that isn’t the problem either. It sometimes makes a high pitched electronic beep at the beginning of the video. I kind think it might be some kind of back ground noise cancelation setting messing up and muting all sound? but I can’t find any setting for that. Because if I turn the volume up all the way i can slightly hear the video.

Forward facing microphone issues iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.