Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjust brightness on my LG 4K external monitor on MacBook Pro?

How do I control the brightness on my LG 4K external monitor? Since upgrading to Catalina on my 2016 MBP I am no longer able to adjust brightness on the toolbar, on my keyboard, or in system preferences. I have reset my NVRAM and SMC and restarted more than once. There are no physical controls on this monitor.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 11:13 AM

I disconnected the LG Display Fromm my MBP and unplugged it from AC power for 30 seconds and then plugged it in again. I reset the SMC and NVRAM again. Finally I reconnected the LG display again. Now I am able to control the LG displays brightness as before. I don't know which of the actions above did the trick, but brightness control is restored.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 11:13 AM in response to pmacdo20

I disconnected the LG Display Fromm my MBP and unplugged it from AC power for 30 seconds and then plugged it in again. I reset the SMC and NVRAM again. Finally I reconnected the LG display again. Now I am able to control the LG displays brightness as before. I don't know which of the actions above did the trick, but brightness control is restored.

Adjust brightness on my LG 4K external monitor on MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.