Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitor Brightness

Using Big Sur on a MacBook Pro and an external LP Ultrafine monitor, I'm attempting to adjust the brightness on the latter. However, going to System Preferences>Monitor>LG Ultrafine, there is no "brightness" adjustment tool.

Does anyone have a suggestion to adjust brightness on this external monitor?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:43 PM

Howdy,

What is the model number of your LG Ultafine display?

You may need to adjust the brightness with the monitor controls on the display itself. (Check the manual.)

For example, I have an external ASUS 27" display and although I can control the resolution in System Preferences I need to change the brightness with the display controls (it's buttons and menus).

The Built-in Display has Brightness control.

The External Display does not.

There is a series of buttons on the bottom of the display to change its settings.

ivan

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 12:43 PM in response to JayMiller3

Howdy,

What is the model number of your LG Ultafine display?

You may need to adjust the brightness with the monitor controls on the display itself. (Check the manual.)

For example, I have an external ASUS 27" display and although I can control the resolution in System Preferences I need to change the brightness with the display controls (it's buttons and menus).

The Built-in Display has Brightness control.

The External Display does not.

There is a series of buttons on the bottom of the display to change its settings.

ivan

External Monitor Brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.