Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen recorded but no audio

Hello,

I screen recorded on my MacBook Pro - Catalina - Version 10. 15. 5 via Quicktime.

After my recording I found out there is no audio. Is there anyway I can retrieve the audio from the screen recording that took place? This isn't something I can recreate as it was a FaceTime session and I really need the audio.

Hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you.

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 6:01 PM

2 replies

Aug 14, 2020 9:40 AM in response to pri80

Hey pri80,

We understand that you recorded your screen using Quicktime, however there isn't any audio. We're happy to explain.

If microphone was checked during the time of the screen recording, it would be available. If it wasn't checked, there isn't a way to recover that audio. For more information, click here: How to record the screen on your Mac Once there, scroll to the section labeled " Use Quick Time Player".

Take care

Aug 14, 2020 12:52 PM in response to pri80

If you want to record a "YouTube clip" from the net, Quicktime will only record the screen but no sound. To marry the two you need to install a "virtual audio device". Download: Soundflower. Its a small program with a sunfower image. Run the Soundflower Installer.pkg then follow the instructions.

Once you re-open quick time you will find under audio a new option for audio: record with soundflower. There will be no sound while you are recoding, but the recorded clip will have sound.

Do not forget to switch later back once you are finished to use the built in speakers on your Mac.

Another option is to screen the video on your iPad - connect the iPad to the Mac via cable. Open quicktime on the Mac and choose record iPad. I think this should also work.

Hope you come right. Remember copy right issues for intellectual property.

screen recorded but no audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.