Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 10.5 screen recording contains no built in audio, any solutions?

Hello, I used to be able to record my screen plus builtin audio with or with our the microphone etc

now I cant seem to record any audio unless I use the built in mic which sounds horrible as its recording the speakers etc

does anyone have a solution for this in Catalina?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 3:56 PM

Hey GavrielTech,

We understand that you're no longer able to use your external microphone to record your Mac screen, and must use the internal microphone. Are you able to choose the Microphone input in Quicktime, and does the microphone show connected when viewing System Preferences > Sound > Input? More details and some tips for recording can be found under "Use QuickTime Player" here: How to record the screen on your Mac

Keep us posted.

Thanks, and take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 3:56 PM in response to GavrielTech

Hey GavrielTech,

We understand that you're no longer able to use your external microphone to record your Mac screen, and must use the internal microphone. Are you able to choose the Microphone input in Quicktime, and does the microphone show connected when viewing System Preferences > Sound > Input? More details and some tips for recording can be found under "Use QuickTime Player" here: How to record the screen on your Mac

Keep us posted.

Thanks, and take care.

Jan 13, 2021 12:44 AM in response to Leanne_68

I think you do know what I am saying but write this in a funny way,

I wish Apple stopped removing and breaking features as simple as QT screen recording with built in virtual bus options, as always I like all their abused customers are forced to resort to a 3rd party to solve this temporarily, meaning apple will eventually and intentionally break that too., I believe people are catching up with this game.

I am now using loopback and blackhole

Quicktime 10.5 screen recording contains no built in audio, any solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.