You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the hide my e-mail feature?

I accidentally used this function on some app and now I can't verify my e-mail because it keeps sending it to the fake address. Thanks for your answers

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 6:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 9:26 AM

Hi mátyás180,

We understand you've used the Sign in with Apple feature and choose the Hide My Email option when setting that up. It sounds like you now want to turn off the Hide My Email option and just use your regular Apple ID email address as your log in for that app. We'd be happy to help.

If you choose the Hide My Email option when signing in to an application it will create a random generated email address instead of your Apple ID when creating the account. You can find more information on this feature here: Hide My Email for Sign in with Apple

If you'd like to turn that off and just use your regular Apple ID to sign into an application you'll want to use the steps found here: Manage the apps you use with Sign in with Apple

Stop Using your Apple ID with an app

1) Navigate to Settings > [your name] at the top > Password & Security.

2) Select Apps Using Apple ID.

3) Select the application you'd like to change the sign in for.

4) Select Stop Using Apple ID.

After doing this, the next time you use the application it will prompt you to create a new account. You can then choose to use your Apple ID, or set it up with another email account.

We hope this helps. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2020 9:26 AM in response to mátyás180

Hi mátyás180,

We understand you've used the Sign in with Apple feature and choose the Hide My Email option when setting that up. It sounds like you now want to turn off the Hide My Email option and just use your regular Apple ID email address as your log in for that app. We'd be happy to help.

If you choose the Hide My Email option when signing in to an application it will create a random generated email address instead of your Apple ID when creating the account. You can find more information on this feature here: Hide My Email for Sign in with Apple

If you'd like to turn that off and just use your regular Apple ID to sign into an application you'll want to use the steps found here: Manage the apps you use with Sign in with Apple

Stop Using your Apple ID with an app

1) Navigate to Settings > [your name] at the top > Password & Security.

2) Select Apps Using Apple ID.

3) Select the application you'd like to change the sign in for.

4) Select Stop Using Apple ID.

After doing this, the next time you use the application it will prompt you to create a new account. You can then choose to use your Apple ID, or set it up with another email account.

We hope this helps. Cheers!

How do I turn off the hide my e-mail feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.