Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange MIDI Keyboard Activity

Hello Friends,

I am running Logic 10.5.1 with Catalina 10.15.5, on a late-2014 iMac Retina.

1. I am using a Korg SV-1 via USB as a MIDI keyboard. Within Logic, certain notes are not working meaning when I press G2 (and others) and Logic does not receive this message. I do not have this issue when using standalone MIDI apps outside of Logic.
  2. Certain keys are causing strange app behavior, although inconsistently. For example, pressing F#3 will sometimes cause tracks to solo/mute or select/deselect.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm fairly new to this stuff.

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 10:11 AM

Ok, the .cs file is located in the invisible User/YourName/Library folder.

With Logic not running.

NOTE: the ~ is NOT Optional it has to be included.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.

Press the Go button.

Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro.

then delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 10:11 AM in response to MrEazy

Ok, the .cs file is located in the invisible User/YourName/Library folder.

With Logic not running.

NOTE: the ~ is NOT Optional it has to be included.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.

Press the Go button.

Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro.

then delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

Aug 13, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Pancenter

Thanks so much!

The plot thickens:

I checked "Bypass all control surfaces" and it worked BUT this preference doesn't stick when I restart the app.

I tried resetting all prefs within Logic, no luck there.

I cannot seem to find the Logic control surfaces pref file referenced in this article:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13351?locale=en_US

Is the control surfaces file in a new location with new updates?

Strange MIDI Keyboard Activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.